As many of you know, part of my job is working on the national magazine that my company began producing last year, Profiler Magazine. Our first issue was a big success and I gained attention for my part as 'Production Manager'. When it came time to begin working on our second issue a couple months ago, I was asked to write the lead article (which would include the cover of the magazine). I was SOOO excited and ready for the challenge. Well, I spent hours crafting a great story, but was told by our legal team yesterday that due to 'liability concerns', I can't have the cover and my story needs to be condensed to 1600 words (approx. 2 pages...rather than the original 5 I had written). Everyone agrees it is a great article and SHOULD be getting more attention, but we have to do what Corporate tells us to do. BOO!
I am really bummed out and frustrated. But on the bright side, I have been promoted to 'Senior Editor' of the magazine and I've done a great deal of writing and editing for our upcoming issue. So I will have some items to add to my writing portfolio. I guess my cover will come along someday...just not right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Sorry about the disappointment Deb - just be proud of the work that you've done and save it for your writing portfolio.
ReplyDeleteWhat's the article about?
ReplyDelete