Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recovery Mode

My jaw surgery went very well on Monday. After waking up, the worst pain I was feeling was in my left eye. Turns out that I somehow scratched my cornea while under anesthesia. So, besides wearing my very sexy "Jaw Bra", I have also been sporting an eye patch for the past couple of days. Arrrgh Matey!

I woke up this morning to a lot of swelling and pain. The doctor said that tomorrow through Saturday will most likely be the worst days to get through. Luckily my pain meds are helping and I've been able to sleep a lot.

Thanks to everyone for your emails, texts, visits, etc. I appreciate your help, love and support!







4 comments:

  1. Now that the "third" day is over, hopefully each day will show improvement and less pain! I know it can't happen, but as a mom I want to make it all better and make the pain and swelling go away. I am so glad the eye patch and ointment helped some - it stinks that both eyes hurt now!! Love you and wish you a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb....at least sweet Max is keeping you cozy. :) Cute sweater too. I hope it continues to get better and I am thinking about you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look awesome. The eye patch needs to stay forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouchie-wawa. You're still cute. hope the eyes get better! Love you!

    ReplyDelete