Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SO LONG, BUSH!

I am SO happy this day has finally arrived! Not only are we turning a new chapter in history by inaugurating the first black president, but we are FINALLY getting rid of George "Dubbya" Bush. Good Riddance!!! In honor of this momentous occasion, I'd like to give you all some deep thoughts to ponder. Enjoy!!

Bushisms - by George W. Bush

- "You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

- "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

- "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

- "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

- "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

- "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." --Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

- "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

- "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

- "They misunderestimated me." --Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

And my personal favorite...

- "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002


Welcome, Obama!!! We've been waiting for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Debbie!
    Thanks so much for you comment on my photo blog, I so appreciate it. Fun to see you have a blog too. Your profile picture is amazing! Who took it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! You are so creative..can't wait to see the pics from your party!

    ReplyDelete